Thursday, September 24, 2009

Amanda & Josh


Since Amanda has been one of my best friends for many years, I was both delighted and honored when she asked me to take her engagment photos. She allowed me to choose the location for the shoot and I chose The Bottoms, which is one of the more urban and industrial parts of Kansas City. It turned out to be a great choice! The brick walls, street signs and graffiti provided a unique and colorful backdrop for these engagement photos.






Amanda and Josh met online and have been together for two years. Josh proposed on their two-year anniversary and they will be getting married in May of next year. The two of them go together perfectly and their happiness together is very obvious in the photos!




Amanda chose a non-traditional engagement ring that holds special meaning for her. It's a peridot, which not only is her birthstone but also signifies positivity and light. And as a Lord of the Rings fan, she also likes the Elven look to it. It's a beautiful ring and it looks gorgeous on her hand!

My favorite photo from the day is this one of the two of them walking away from me. I love how comfortable they look together as they're talking and in my opinion it conveys a sense of walking into the future. Plus those wings on the back of Josh's shirt are just awesome. ;)





Congrats Josh and Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment